Thursday, October 6, 2011

He's Amazing!




My husband is amazing! Simply amazing! I am sitting at Barnes & Noble right now - childless! Why, you ask? Because my husband is, you guessed it, amazing!

The back story as to why I am childless? Well it has been building for awhile now and everything just got to be a lot for me. I have not been able to get out of the house alone for more than about a half an hour in 12 1/2 weeks.

With all the sleepless or interrupted sleep nights, crabby six year old, sicknesses, stress and so on, I have been slowly building to the point of losing it. Well, Monday night, I lost it.

Josh got home from work and took care of AJ while Liam and I got out of the house to an appointment we had. It was a relief to get out of the house even for that small amount of time because Austin had not wanted me to put him down at all that day, so I got nothing around the house done. The appointment took longer than expected and AJ wouldn't take a bottle from Josh so we hurried home to a very unhappy baby! As we nursed, Josh quickly made dinner.

After he ate, he left for basketball at church. About five minutes after he left, Austin projectile vomited all over me, himself and the floor. Liam decided at that moment that he was going to be very uncooperative. As I cleaned myself and the baby up, tears were streaming down my cheeks. I called my husband while I cleaned the floor and I lost it.

We decided I needed to get out alone. Josh told me to tell him what I wanted to do and he would make it happen :) See, this is why my husband is amazing. He understood my needs and encouraged me to get out of the house.



So this is why I sit at the bookstore, alone. Relishing in all the wonderful books, enjoying the peace, the ability to do whatever, not having to worry about a schedule, little ones not being happy or little fingers wanting to touch everything. I don't have to hurry through the ailes just glancing at a few books - I can actually pick a lot up and read the back or take it to a chair and read some of it. It's amazing -

He's amazing!

No comments: