Friday, June 17, 2011

Anxiously Awaiting

I should be sleeping, but I'm not. Silence and the humming of the computer are the only things that can be heard in our place right now. My men are sleeping the night away. I, however, am not. The littlest one that is growing inside of me is moving and pushing out as I am writing this. I have yet to meet him and he is amazing in every way. I can feel his little feet as they push against my skin and he tries to stretch out. This is a feeling that I will never forget and love the opportunity that God has given me to know these sensations. I know many do not get to experience the joys of pregnancy.

As we eagerly await his arrival, we are trying to prepare; as much as one can truly prepare for the birth of a little one. I have definitely been in nesting mode the last week or so. I have been getting so much done in the days that it amazes me sometimes. It's as if I get one project/chore done and before I can turn around I think of something else that just MUST be done. There are days that I don't sit down at all to relax until my husband comes home from work. It just seems as though it never all gets done. Since the beginning of the pregnancy, I have had a running list of things that I need to or would like to get done before this little guy gets here. As soon as some of those items get checked off, I am writing more down. I did just that tonight :o) As I was laying in bed, unsuccessfully trying to fall asleep, I thought of as least two more things that I need to do before he's here. So out of bed I get to add them to the list.

Up until last week, I would have said that yes, I was ready for our boy to get here. However, when Josh mentioned last week that there was only ten days until I am full term (now there are 4) I said no way! I am just not ready. There is so much stuff to finish still.

There are only a few small things that we need to purchase still, but other than that, we have everything we will need for him right away. I just feel like more needs to get done around the apartment before he can get here. :o)

Oh! And those weekends that are free before he gets here that I mentioned last time are no longer free :o) It's amazing at how things/weekends fill up so quickly! Hopefully, after Austin gets here I will have even more chances to do some writing and will attack the book that Josh and I started several months back. Until then...we are anxiously awaiting!

No comments: